CaterArts: A Not-So-Shameless Plug

Chef coat? Check. Knife kit? Check. Cowboy boots? Double check.
I am super excited that come next month I will be trading in my kitchen shoes for cowboy boots, as I head to the CaterArts Conference in Louisville, Kentucky. Okay, you can forget the cowboy boots part.

But joking (and shameless promotion) aside, this conference is designed especially for catering chefs and is a great opportunity for fellow chefs and aspiring culinary students alike. I am so fortunate to have found such a beneficial organization to identify with. The International Caterers Association (the brains behind the conference) offers a bevy of resources. From online question boards to insights on emerging trends, ICA is a hub for everything epicurious!



The Breakdown
Host: International Caterers Association (we all know it by ICA)
When: August 8-11, 2010
Where: Sullivan University's National Center for Hospitality Studies, Louisville, KY.
Why: Networking, Farm-to-Table Dinners, Continuous Education, Networking, Molecular Gastronomy, Top Chefs, Tastings, Demos, Round Table Discussions. Oh, did I mention networking?

I have always enjoyed teaching and I believe that influencing the chefs of tomorrow--as I was through programs like CaterArts--is extremly important. Not only are the ICA folks letting me lead my very own breakout session, the session is on Molecular Gastronomy!


During this hands-on class I will go over the history and trends of the genre, special tools used and demo how to deconstruct classic dishes into caviar, capsules and frozen dip-n-dots. Every attendee should be able to walk away with new menu ideas and presentation techniques. We're talking safety googles, liquid nitrogen and a hell of a lot of fun!


I want to encourage chefs nationwide to attend and participate. I think it is so important to learn what others are doing the field and have access to resources all under one roof. I guarantee that any and every culinary professional will leave CaterARTs with something to take back to their respective companies. Once you stop listening to learn, you stop succeeding! Registration is still open!

Comments

Popular Posts