Savannah Eats

Earlier this month my family and I traveled to Savannah, Georgia to visit my "Coastie"brother who was recently re-stationed there--shout out to the United States Coast Guard! The trip and "family bonding" was amazing to stay the least. I got to spend some quality time with my nieces and nephews and though they are all under the age of five, they were our natural tour guides! So in exchange for all the kid activities I participated in, I made them join me in my quest to eat my way through Savannah.

Savannah: History meets Laid Back Luxury


Just like every other tourist (literally, there was a line to get in) I had to check out Paula Deen's Lady and Sons. The Food Network star and her two sons opened the eatery in 1996 and have been serving up southern (and butter-filled) favorites ever since.

The Line to get into Paula Deen's Lady and Sons Wrapped the Corner! Insane!

Buttermilk Cheese Biscuits: One Hell of a Start

My Crab Cake Burger, Deep Fried Naturally!

The restaurant has a massive gift shop with everything Paula!


This lady really knows how to work it! One day people, one day. Can you imagine a Brian Aaron Bobble-head? Perhaps not. For dessert (yes, we are dessert people even after Paula Deen) we hit the jackpot! Think Willy Wonka ditches his factory and embarks on a southern retreat. All of this place's candies and chocolates are made in-house and in front of hungry patrons.

Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Kebabs: What a great interactive catering idea!

These Candied Apples Blew My Mind! So Fun & Creative!


Overall, my jaunt down south was the perfect getaway, minus the extra LBs. I am now diving into work and gearing up for multiple appearances and events nationwide! Here is a sneak peak at my upcoming calendar.

JULY 21 at 7PM: COOKING DEMO, WHOLE FOODS IN AVENTURA, FL,
JULY 23 at 7PM: COOKING DEMO, WHOLE FOODS IN BOCA RATON, FL
AUGUST 8-11: CATERARTS CONFERENCE IN LOUISVILLE, KY
AUGUST 14: COOKING DEMO, MACY'S DADELAND IN MIAMI, FL



Comments

Anonymous said…
Love it...you're awesome cuñado!.Keep up the good work

Popular Posts