TOP TEN

I am a proud subscriber to Food and Wine magazine. Each month is like Christmas; first admiring its cover, then carefully opening to the editor's letter,  and onto dog-earing my favorite inspirations. One of my favorite columns is the Top Chef Top Ten in which past Top Chef contestants gush over their top ten favorite things from music to macaroni. Did you know that Tre Wilcox (season 3) collects forgien currency or that Stepanie Izard (season 4 winner) is obsessed with goats? You do now. 

I thought I would give it a try...here is a look at a handful of  things that I couldn't live without. 


SUN GLASSES
Ray Bans in particular. In Miami, 
a good pair can take you a long
way (especially after sleepless nights
 in the kitchen or at an event). 


COMFORT FOOD
Churrasco skirt steak with Chimichurri. 
I could eat it everyday. The texture of the meat
and power of the sauce---I could eat it everyday!
     
Testosterone 
Packed Period Flicks
I love movies like Gladiator and Troy. 
I am a sucker for the characters bravery and intestacy. 
If I wasn't a chef I would definitely fight lions and stuff.    

Miami Sports Teams
Undoubtedly I am a Miami-boy! I love any Miami team. 
When I get the chance to watch my favorites are the Heat, Marlins and Dolphins. 


Continuous Education
With today's advances in technology there are not enough hours in the day to retain all of the information that is readily available. I love finding new education resources from old school trade shows to downloading apps. 

Kenneth Cole
I live in my chef coat, but when I can get out-
-I like to think I have a bit of style. My go to store is 
Kenneth Cole on Washington Avenue. 
From business to boating, their duds fit me like a glove. 

Google
Probably one of my favorite verbs. Hands-down. 

Traveling
Discovering new places is one of my biggest extravagances. 
I am going to Europe next week!

That's right, I am leaving for Europe next week. Purely pleasure, I can not wait to eat my way through and then share with all of you!


Comments

Popular Posts