Sex and the City 2 Raises the Heat Index for Middle Eastern Cuisine

Oh' man guys, what a weekend...My apologies for this week's blog coming late! I have been consumed with a celebrity wedding for 450. No easy fete, but a great time and great experience!

On Monday evening I finally got some time to relax. What did I do? I joined the other brave men across the country and saw the new Sex and the City film. Though I was nearly stabbed by a Manolo while waiting in line (just kidding, well, sort of), I really liked the movie. I especially enjoyed the scenes that the ladies spent in Abu Dhabi. In one particular scene Miranda and Carrie (yes, I know their names) travel to a marketplace in town to purchase spices. The whole time I am thinking, “These girls know how to shop!”

A Spice Market in Morocco (where the film was actually shot)

The entire scene launched my taste buds into curiosity. Sure, we have all heard of Cumin, Tamarind and Cardamom…you can check out how we used them to rock the official Miami Premier last Wednesday. However, I am curious about what else is out there, aren’t you?

In my research I discovered several different spices used, some on the crazy side (don't ask me about the whale vomit) and some not-so-scary. Channel you inner SATC character and try adding this to your dishes this week...

Black Lemons: Pucker Up!








These fruits, often ground into powder, are small and can range from a brownish-gray color to black. They are made by boiling fresh limes (Yes, limes) and left to sun-dry. The result? A tangy, earthy flavor. Try finding some at your local Whole Foods and adding to your rice, stew, or even salad this weekend!

Looking forward to a busy week on filming ahead! Check out my facebook page for TV appearances! I hope everyone has a happy and healthy end of the week!


Comments

Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. Thank u.

Popular Posts