Adventures at Univision Studios

Like a kid in a candystore, I was fortunate enough to tape a cooking segment for Univision 23 last week. Serving the third largest Hispanic market in the United States, Channel 23 is one of 13 television stations that are part of the Univision Television Group. Enter: “My Candy Store.” To top it off, Univision has become “The World Cup Destination” broadcasting all 64 matches in HD across all of its networks! If all the behind-the-scenes equipment wasn’t eye candy enough, add suspended flags and soccer balls to the mix. It was incredible.

Please Note: Kid in Candy Store

While onsite I was given the opportunity (shout out to Dessire Ramirez) to tour the grounds and it was unbelievably eye opening. Honestly, I had no idea how many team members and man-hours go into producing shows of this caliber. Like events, the glamour, bells and whistles may be what you see; however the back-of-the-house is where most of the magic happens! From make-up and hair to sound, lighting, rigging, production, and camera crew, these guys know how to rock-it-out and work together—just like an event crew! The dishwasher is just as important as the chef, as the teleprompter operator is just as valuable as the celebrity host.

Overall, my experience at Univision was awesome and I hope it is not my last. I now have a greater appreciation for all that goes into producing TV programs! Thanks Univision and until next time...




Comments

Popular Posts