Happy Father's Day

I have said it before and I will say it again, my father is my hero and the person whom I look up to the most. Family is everything (and not to brag) but I have a great one! Whether it s Heat game, a birthday, or even if one of my nieces or nephews looses a tooth, my family gets together and celebrates--with food!

Us Aarons' are so food obsessed that even the babies feel it! It is tradition that each new edition get a "special photo shoot! When they grow up my nephews are going to kill me for this...





Food has always been a big part of our family. In fact, it was my father who got me interested in catering and eventually in culinary school. He is a master "cook" known all around the community for his paella. He still thinks he can out do me, ha ha.

Even though I have some skills on him (or at least I will keep thinking that), I still thank him everyday for the opportunities he has given me. AARON'S CATERING was ran out of his garage to start! We're talking floor to ceiling coolers, freezers, plates, etc. (I am still digging for pictures to share).

With that said, I think family and food go hand-in-hand. My favorite family memories have taken place in the kitchen or around the grill.

There are tons of kid-friendly recipes that the whole family can help with. Try this one below this weekend and start a family tradition!

Corn Cook-Off
Cuban Grilled Corn
Grab a handful of condiments, spices, and fresh herbs from the pantry and set up easy-grab table with plenty of room, assorted mixing bowels, tools, etc. Have Dad grill 5-10 corn husks (depending on how many family members you have) and challenge each other to come up with the most creative and yummy toppings.

My Idea: Grilled Cuban Corn
Brush the char-grilled corn with melted butter, sprinkle with grated cotija or asiago cheese, a teaspoon of papria, and salt. Squeeze fresh lime before serving. 


Happy Father's Day!!

Comments

Popular Posts