Hats Off To You...

So it has been a crazy week (what's new, right?). Last week I had the opportunity to film a pilot for my very own cooking show! That's right folks, my own show! It still sounds crazy just saying it. Anyways, let me tell you, it is no walk in the park! From the pre-production meeting to "that's a wrap", we shot for over 14 hours for just 30 minutes of tape!

So, here I am (nervous as can be, yet excited as hell) with a producer in one ear and a director in the other. After every take wardrobe and makeup people come rushing out of the wings to "touch me up" and dare I say it? wipe the nervous sweat from my brow (for the record I will blame it on the intense lighting). So many things were going through my mind during the taping, but I had to stay true to myself and remember its all about the food! Do you think Emeril got it right the first time?

There are so many things that go into a television production that I had no idea about. It really makes me appreciate and look up to all of the TV chef personalities out there (as if I didn't already). Hats off to you!

Here are some fun shots from the filming...

What's a South Beach kitchen without a DJ and turntables?
Thanks DJ Connection

The Panda Kitchen is so me! I dig all the stainless.

We're talking makeup, wardrobe, menu planning and prep, dialogue, lighting, staging, sound... I mean, the list goes on and on. These guys and the support teams behind them are pros! Those Food Network studios must run like a well-oiled machine! Check out this brief look inside their test kitchen and studios...



I searched You Tube for a Food Network blooper reel and had no luck. Can you imagine a glimpse into Guy Fieri 's first pilot or Martha Stewart's audition tape? I did find this montage of Giada and her crew of Giada at Home. The reason I posted this video has nothing to do with how charming she is. Ha!


Comments

Popular Posts